COVID-19 Daily Email Update 5/26/2020
Its “take care of yourself Tuesday” and there’s something reeeeally special at the end of this email. You’ll want to read to the very end😉
Raingarden taking root:
Our Bloomington Case Management office was chosen as part of a grant to install a raingarden by the Nine Mile Creek Watershed District. Raingardens help prevent pollutants from reaching nearby waterbodies by soaking stormwater into the ground, instead of the water being sent down a storm drain. In addition to water quality benefits, the raingarden are planted a variety of plants that will benefit pollinators. Thank you! Check out the photo below, its gorgeous!
Advocate for MORA, the ONE THING you can do today:
As part of Lutheran Services ongoing effort to seek emergency financial resources for nonprofits, we are concerned about new legislation (S.3814) that financially disadvantages nonprofit organizations. Join us in contacting your Senators through our advocacy tool to urge them NOT to co-sponsor or otherwise support this legislation, and to support health and human services nonprofit providers by including our key priorities, including fully forgivable loans for nonprofits of all sizes, in upcoming coronavirus relief legislation.
An overnight getaway, a change of scenery and it’s free!
The Mount Olivet Retreat Center has generously offered MORA employees two special overnight dates in June to enjoy nature, a little calm and continental breakfast. In Farmington just south of the metro, the retreat center is a serene 150 acres of green space, 5 miles of grass & woodchip walking trails, picnic tables and a 10-minute drive from available take-out restaurants. Many retreat center amenities including the pool are closed due to COVID-19 but the Chapel building will be open. www.mtolivetretreat.org/
- Thursday, June 11 or Thursday, June 25. (Check-in: 2pm Thursday; Check-out: 2pm Friday.)
- Hotel-style rooms have private bathrooms and are available for 1 or 2 grown-ups only. Wi-Fi; lockbox check-in and a caretaker on site.
No fridges, coffee pots, T.V. and no pets.
- Limited space and people to preserve safe social distancing. We hope many of you want to enjoy this and there is opportunity for 36 employees total.
- Reservation deadline: Express your interest by Monday, June 1 at 3pm. If more than 36 employees express interest, we will have a simple drawing for each date.
If you are interested and able to commit, email Alexis Seiler, AISeiler@mtolivet-mora.org, and include 3 things:
1. Preferred date Thursday, June 11 or Thursday, June 25 or either date.
2. One or two people in reservation
3. Your full name and contact information and name of guest of reservation.
More details will be shared after reservations are completed. Please direct all questions to Alexis Seiler, do not contact the retreat center. SO grateful to the Retreat Center for making this opportunity available to us!!
Hope you all found time to relax last weekend!