MORA Update 12-10-2020
Hello, wonderful MORA staffers. Several attachments you’re going to want to see, read, absorb and embrace with this e-newsletter. 😊
Could you send one email a day to help MORA win $15,000?
Our bank, Old National, is donating to Minnesota nonprofits and MORA could win $15,000.
Vote –you can vote once a day, EVERY DAY, with every email address you have, for MORA on our Choose Your Charity website to vote. Voting closes on December 17.
Be sure to share the link with your friends so they can vote, too…The last I looked, we were in 1st place in our region!! Woo hoo!!
This week we have 6 Residential Homes in COVID Response with positive cases with both staff and residents. If you were not contacted directly by phone from Human Resources, you were not directly exposed. (Remember, contact HR, Stacy Richards 952-767-4831, SRichards@mtolivet-MORA.org if you have ANY symptoms or think you have been exposed)
- We are staying informed on COVID vaccine distribution plan from the Minnesota Department of Health. We will continue to share info with staff and guardians as guidelines change. And…we are aware of a change to the 14 day COVID quarantine form CDC. However, we will wait for Minnesota Department of Health guidance before changing any protocols for staff or clients.
4 ways to help our MORA Homes:
- As we are working through difficult times staffing our Residential Homes, we have adjusted, allowing staff from other departments to help and fill shifts. Review the following document for the details from HR Director, Stacy Richards including compensation and training required. If you would like to provide support, please reach out to your supervisor and any Residential Program Director. Exempt Employee Wage Compensation 12.9.2020
- There is also an opportunity for our Residential staff to join our COVID Response Team. You can earn an additional $5/hr. Contact Nursing at 612-791-1175.
- Are you able to help cook and/or deliver meals to our Homes on COVID quarantine? Contact: Volunteer Coordinator, Laurie Mahoney at 612-322-2638, LMahoney@mtolivet-mora.org
- OR … help reduce boredom for clients and support overwhelmed staff! Recreation department is collecting a lending library of activities and games to rotate between Residential Homes. Donate any used or new crafts, games (missing pieces are fine) movies (DVD or VHS), puzzles, as well as gently used stuffed animals and other things we could use for little prizes! Contact, Stephanie Kohl, SKohl@mtolivet-MORA.org or Nathan McKenzie, Nmckenzie@mtolivet-mora.org Recreation_Donation_request
How about a good night’s rest? Join in for a MORA/Convene virtual training on Thursday, Dec. 17 from 11:30am – 12:30pm
Contact Julie Olson for details: email@example.com
Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 10am: virtual Resilience Building session… see flyer for information and Zoom link. Resilience_Building_MORA_NovDec
Be on the look out for …a very special poster project (including a whole bunch of chocolate kisses are being delivered to our Homes this week) – and decorating the walls of our offices. Stay tuned…
Project Connect FREE 24-hour Help Line: 888-847-3209
As the COVID-19 pandemic wears on, a new 24-hour support line is working to help individuals with developmental disabilities and those who care for them cope during this tough time. Known as Project Connect, the telehealth line is free and available anytime for people with disabilities, their families, caregivers and other members of their support teams across the nation. Developed by The Arc of California and the Stony Brook University School of Social Welfare, the helpline launched just before Thanksgiving and is staffed by graduate students at the school who are supervised by licensed social workers. https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2020/12/03/pandemic-helpline-launches-for-people-with-idd-caregivers/29105/
Need a bit of good news? We ARE making some things easier around here.
We have a new and improved way to ask for help with your MORA computers, cell phones, tablets, etc. See attachment or click this link on how to contact our IT Help Desk. Sharepoint_MORA_12102020
Whew … that’s a lot!
Congratulations on making it to the end of this email!
Now…step outside, take 3 deep breaths, feel the sun on your face, think of 1 thing you are grateful for and know….
I am grateful for YOU!