Direct Support Professional
Job Available in Waconia, MN
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is hiring compassionate and motivated Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work with clients in our group homes settings. The DSP is responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients he/she supervises. Direct Support Professional is similar in job duties to PCA, CNA, Direct Support Staff, Program Counselor, Caregiver, HHA, and Direct Care Staff.
- Assist the clients with all the activities of daily living, personal cares, community integration, and program implementation.
- Ensure adequate supervision of clients.
- Assist with household tasks including but not limited to cleaning, meal preparation and laundry.
- Accompany the client to appointments and fun community activities such as parks, parades, and ball games.
- Accurately use electronic documentation for program data and daily logging.
- Communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home.
- Administer medications without errors.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic computer skills.
- Experience or interest in working with clients with developmental or other disabilities.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to achieve and maintain a cleared Department of Human Services background check
- Be able to pass medication administration course work
- Be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments.
- Have a valid current driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law.
- Physical ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Passion for serving our clients.
Pay: $12 per hour plus differential opportunities
Weekend differential +$1.00 hour for hours between Fri 10pm and Sun 10pm
Overnight differential +$1.00 hour for hours between 10pm and 6am
Paid training and orientation
$2,000 retention bonus for full-time staff and $1000 for part-time staff (15+ scheduled hours per week) for select locations only. aid out in 4 increments over the course of 1 year for select locations only.
Schedules: full-time, part-time, 2nd and 3rd shift, every other weekend or on call sub positions.
Waconia, Position #191
Week 1 and 2
12 hours per pay period
Heather Lane, Position #193
Every other Friday and Saturday
6 hours per pay period
Heather Lane, Position #280
76 hours per pay period
Jan View, Position #190
Week 1 & 2:
80 hours per pay period (full-time)
Jan View, Position #189
70 hours per pay period (full-time)
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 2 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within.
You WILL make a difference as a DSP/Caregiver at Mount Olivet Rolling Acres!
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now