Junior Direct Support Professional
Job Available in Chanhassen, MN
The Junior Direct Support Professional is a 16-17 year old caregiver who is part of a team that is responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities that he/she supervises in a residential community home. You will:
- Assist clients with all the activities of daily living, personal care (such as toileting, bathing, cooking, feeding, dressing) and program implementation.
- Ensure adequate supervision of clients and assist with household tasks such as cleaning and doing laundry.
- May accompany the client, along with other staff, to appointments and fun community activities such as movies, parks, parades, Special Olympics, and ball games.
- Electronically document all program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with others at work verbally and in writing using the primary spoken language of clients in the home.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic computer skills.
- Maintain professional and appropriate boundaries with clients, co-workers, clients’ family and support staff.
- Complete all required training.
Qualifications: Experience or interest in working with clients with developmental or other disabilities. Must be comfortable providing direct and personal care. Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain “qualified” status. Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments.
Schedule: Working hours and schedules could include day, evening and weekend hours. 10 – 30 hours per week.
Locations: includes Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Chaska, Chanhassen, Edina, Minnetonka, Norwood, Shakopee, Victoria, Waconia
Pay: $10.75/hour plus $1/hour shift differential for shifts between Friday 10p and Sunday 10p.
Opportunities to advance with experience.
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.Apply Now