Direct Support Professional III – Float
Job Available in Bloomington, MN
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is hiring compassionate and motivated Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work with clients in our group homes settings. The Direct Support Professional (DSP) Float is responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients he/she supervises. Direct Support Professional is similar in job duties to PCA, CNA, Direct Support Staff, Program Counselor, Caregiver, HHA, and Direct Care Staff.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living and personal cares.
- Accompany clients to appointments and community activities.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team process and implement goals.
- Electronically document program data and daily log information accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Assist with daily household maintenance and housekeeping.
- Work in diverse locations and leadership.
- Ensure adequate supervision of clients, including “if your shift replacement does not arrive, you are expected to remain on shift at your worksite until a suitable replacement staff has been located and arrives to replace you”.
- Work harmoniously with and shows respect for employees, supervisors, vendors and clients.
- Communicate effectively with others at work verbally and in writing using the primary spoken language of clients in the home.
- Work shifts assigned by staff scheduler.
- Administer medications without errors.
- Complete all mandatory training including all-staff training days.
- Complete additional training in medication administration, skill development and behavior crisis courses.
- Read and follow company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic computer skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least three years’ experience in working with persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Associate degree in the Human Services Field
- Interest/experience in working with persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Must complete or have completed MORA medication administration training, medical specialist training and behavior crisis prevention and intervention course
- Must pass Department of Human Services background check and maintain qualified status
- Must not be excluded from working in government health programs by the Office of Inspector General
- Must be able to successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments
- Must have a valid current driver’s license and current valid vehicle insurance as required by state law
Pay: $15.50 per hour plus differential opportunities
Weekend differential +$1.00 hour for hours between Fri 10pm and Sun 10pm
Overnight differential +$1.00 hour for hours between 10pm and 6am
Paid training and orientation
$2,000 retention bonus for full-time staff and $1,000 for part-time staff (15+ scheduled hours per week) for select locations only. Paid out in 4 increments over the course of 1 year.
Must be flexible. Locations in Eden Prairie and Shakopee.
Westgate and Madison, Position #317
Schedule: Full time opening 35-40 hours per week. Would also consider part time float at 15-20 hours per week. Exact schedule is determined by client needs.
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 2 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within.
You WILL make a difference as a DSP/Caregiver at Mount Olivet Rolling Acres!
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now