Direct Support Professional III – Medical Specialist
Job Available in Mayer, MN
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is hiring compassionate and motivated Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to work with clients in our group homes settings. The Direct Support Professional III – Medical Specialist (DSP) is responsible for the daily well-being and safety of the clients he/she supervises. Direct Support Professional is similar in job duties to PCA, CNA, Direct Support Staff, Program Counselor, Caregiver, HHA, and Direct Care Staff.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living and personal cares.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments; preparing referrals and other required documents; arranging transportation and escorts; ensuring the safe transportation of clients with mobility issues and adaptive medical equipment; accompanying clients on appointments; and outcome reporting and documentation.
- Accompany client to community activities.
- Maintain a comprehensive reference of maps/directions for use by all staff.
- Work closely with Health Services to coordinate med appointments and ensure all necessary information is documented.
- Perform other duties related to direct service during non-appointment times including assisting clients in all activities of daily living.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team process: assist with developing and implementing goals.
- Electronically document program data and daily log information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with daily household maintenance and housekeeping.
- Ensure adequate supervision of clients, including “if your shift replacement does not arrive, you are expected to remain on shift at your worksite until a suitable replacement staff has been located and arrives to replace you”.
- Work harmoniously with, and show respect for, employees, supervisors, vendors, and clients.
- Communicate effectively with others at work verbally and in writing, using the primary spoken language of clients in the home.
- Administer medications without errors.
- Complete all mandatory training, including all-staff training days.
- Read and follow company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic computer skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience or interest in working with clients with developmental or other disabilities.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Achieve and maintain a cleared Department of Human Services background check.
- Successfully pass the medication administration course work.
- Successfully complete company’s basic job skills assessments.
- Have a valid current driver’s license and must have insurance as required by state law.
- Have the physical ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Have a passion for serving our clients.
Pay: $13.50 per hour plus differential opportunities
Weekend differential +$1.00 hour for hours between Fri 10pm and Sun 10pm
Overnight differential +$1.00 hour for hours between 10pm and 6am
Paid training and orientation.
$2,000 retention bonus for full-time staff and $1,000 for part-time staff (15+ scheduled hours per week);paid out in 4 increments over the course of 1 year for select locations only.
Schedules: full-time, part-time, 2nd and 3rd shift, every other weekend or on call sub positions.
Ridge Road, Position #240
Monday 11a-2p flex hours
Thursday 11a-2p flex hours, regular shift is 2p-10p
Monday 11a-2p flex hours
Thursday 11a-2p flex hours, regular shift 2p-10p
72 hours per week
Positions that include flex hours: flexible hours are to be used based on the client needs, including but not limited to; client annual meetings, medical appointments, and day program closures. Flex time is also used to provide oversight and management of administrative tasks within the home, including but not limited to; assisting with training, house schedules as needed and onboarding employees, evaluation of employee’s performance and care for clients, house audits, licensing and other pertinent matters within the home.
Benefits: Full time employees receive a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance with company sponsored health reimbursement account and health savings account
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance; employee, spouse and children’s coverage options
- Long-term disability and short-term disability
- Flexible spending; medical and dependent care
- 403b retirement plans that match after 2 years of employment
- Paid time off up to three weeks annually which increases after the first year of employment
- Opportunity for usage of our private vacation property west of Duluth (McGregor, MN)
- Awards for outstanding employee performance and promotion opportunities
- Generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship opportunities!
- Many opportunities for advancement. Mount Olivet Rolling Acres promotes from within.
You WILL make a difference as a DSP/Caregiver at Mount Olivet Rolling Acres!
Mount Olivet Rolling Acres is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now